Friday, March 9, 2012

How do i put in Sims 2 beach houses in my lot?

I've downloaded some beach houses for my Sims 2 from the Sims Resource. They all went on my game fine, but when i click on them to put them on a lot, they're still red and won't let me place it. And the end of all of them they have longer areas so it can be placed on a beach but when i try to place it on a beach part, it won't let me place it. Help?How do i put in Sims 2 beach houses in my lot?
Some of the neighborhoods that came with the game have very narrow beaches that make it difficult to place a house. Try putting down an empty beach lot first, starting with the smallest if needed and then slowing working up in size (place lot, bulldoze lot, place larger lot, bulldoze, etc). This will help extend the coastline so you can eventually place the downloaded lot.



If you have the Free Time expansion, you can alter the terrain by entering the cheat code "modifyNeighborhoodTerrain on" (without quotation marks). After entering the code, click and drag the cursor over your beach and use [ or ] to raise and lower the land or P to smooth it. Once you're done, use "modifyNeighborhoodTerrain off" to turn off the tool. I suggest you create a new neighborhood to play around with the tool before trying it on your regular neighborhood, as it can be touchy and it's very easy to do frightening things to your landscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment